Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Marriage of Opposites by Alice Hoffman

A special thank you to NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Alice Hoffman is one of my absolute favourite authors.  How excited was I to get an ARC of this book?  I was not disappointed at all; I absolutely love art history being an art history major, and couple this with Hoffman's exquisite writing, I couldn't put the book down and I absolutely loved it! 

Her writing, and descriptions are so beautiful.  The way she described his paintings gave them the respect they deserve. Pissarro was after all a founding father of Impressionism, a much loved art period. I don't want to give too much away from the story, this historical fictional account of Rachel was so well done.  I love the build of the story, and that Hoffman took the time to develop the characters, and the story all throughout Rachel's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment